There will be times when your garden area is in full production and space to bury your fermented waste is limited or non-existent.
A simple proven method when this looks likely is to ‘store’ your waste in a ‘Composta’
Start by locating the Composta in an area close to or in the garden.
This will make for easy dispersal of the resulting compost material when ready for use.
- Adding a layer of fermented waste into the base of the Composta
- Add a layer of dry ‘browns over the top
- Mix the food waste layer with the brown layer below [a fork is ideal for this]
- Add a further layer of ‘browns over the top and leave ready for the next lot of food waste.
- Repeat this process till the Composta is full.
- Ensure the lid of the Composta is secure between additions of material
Brown material can be either of sawdust/ spent potting media/mulchings /bark or soil.
It is important that these material be DRY when added and it is advisable to keep a stock on hand.
When your Composta is full or you are ready to use the material – lift the composta off and you will have a neat pile of great compost ready for the garden.