The Nature Loo ‘MINI’ is a dehydrating waterless toilet. The sterile urine is kept separate from the solids and is directed into a small bathtub sized gravel absorption trench (or can be collected and diluted and used as a fertiliser). A low wattage ventilation fan run on solar or mains power pulls air through the system which dehydrates the solids. Once the collection bin is full it is taken to the garden compost pile or bin and the starch based biobag dropped in and covered with >10cm of organic matter, such as grass clippings, where the bag and contents will break down.
This style of waterless toilet using biobags is common in Europe and America. The differentiating point of the MINI, apart from its good looks and superior finish, is the large size of its bin at 22 litres. This means the collection bin will only require emptying once every 3-4 weeks when used by a couple as their only toilet.
It is an excellent choice as a clean looking odourless toilet for use in a home as a second toilet or as the only toilet in a cabin for weekend or holiday use. It is more expensive than the Nature Loo ‘Compact’ due to the inclusion of a fibreglass shell but less than the Nature Loo ‘Excelet’.
NATURE LOO ‘MINI’ PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- White pedestal made of solid marine grade fibreglass.
- Removable pedestal top with urine diversion & a movable baffle to obscure the view into the pedestal
- Conventional white toilet seat with seals
- Collection bin
- Biodegradable bin liners
- Ventilation system including a 2 watt fan, 240V-12V transformer, moisture trap & vent cowl
- Liquid drain valve & pipe
- Nature Flush enzyme cleaner & spray bottle.
- Easy to follow DIY installation and maintenance manual.
DIMENSIONS: 470mm wide x 570mm deep (at the base of the unit)
- No of People (with full-time use): Dependent on space
- No of Compost chambers: Collection chamber only
- Height below bathroom floor: 0 mm
- Power requirement for fan: 2 watts
- Power requirement for heater: None